boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

4/3/05

First things...

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures...

I wonder if the Church usually leads with the things of "first importance" as Paul did? It seems like the Church is often perceived as the champion of "family values" or conservative politics or even Western culture. We would be more faithful to our mission if we were instead viewed as the champion of Christ in accordance with the Scriptures.

1 comment:

Marel Lecone said...

Hello. I found you by hitting "next blog" from my blog. So, you were next in the draw.:) I am also a Christian. I have to admit that I do not usually use that term. I usually say that I am a Bible-believer. I am. I do believe the Bible for all It says. I believe that It is a firm foundation for me and my life. Sometimes, I feel like I am not Christ-like enough to use that term. And, then, I think--I don't want to harm His name. But, maybe that is a cop-out. I do believe in these times, especially, He wants us to stand up for Him so that He may stand up for me when He has to go to the Father for me. Thank God for the precious blood that I may use the term Christian. My goal daily should probably be to stay under that Blood so that I do not feel ashamed to call His Name. And, vice-versa, for Him to not be ashamed of me.

Well, thanks for "hearing" me out.

By the way, another thing or two that we have in common. I am so into Three Doors Down. I have their stuff playing (new cd) as I "speak". I feel their music like nothing else except Matchbox Twenty and Steve Burns. I love those guys too.

Tell your wife that I so love Cold Mountain. Probably one of the most dramatic movies that I had seen at the movie theaters in a long time. But, oh my goodness, wow! What a great love story but so sad. I really hate when they end like that. But, whenever I see the end and the daughter that was produced from their love, I always think--I am still glad that he came home even if it was for such a short time.

Well, I will go. I will try and keep up with you guys. I love community and love what the blog world does in bringing communities together.

Take care.

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."