boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

7/24/05

July 24...

I freely admit that I stole this first idea from my friend, James McGarry, and a recent post on his blog. But, in honor of today's date, please attempt this short quiz in honor of yours truly.


Let me also offer a retrospective of this date in history (courtesy of Wikipedia).
1216 Pope Honorius III consecrated
1567 Mary Queen of Scots deposed
1725 John Newton born
1803 Alexandre Dumas born
1862 Martin Van Buren died
1866 Tennessee is first state readmitted to Union after Civil War
1898 Amelia Earhart born
1949 Michael Richards ("Kramer") born
1964 Barry Bonds born
1978 Nick born
1983 George Brett involved in the "pine tar incident"
2001 Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the last Tsar of Bulgaria as a child, sworn in as Prime Minister of Bulgaria, becoming the only monarch in history to regain political power through democratic election to a different office

1 comment:

W Sofield said...

Happy Birthday! I did horribly on your quiz. I feel like a worthless friend! Sorry about that! Your wife didn't get them all correct, so I guess I don't feel too bad. I've got a quiz, now, too. You can link to it from my blog.

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."