boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

10/25/05

can't sleep...

It's 3:15 a.m. Normally, I'm getting home from work about now. Since starting the night shift in July, I've pretty well trained my body to sleep at the appropriate times in order to accommodate such a schedule. Today, however, I received my promotion to become a supervisor. Yet, before I can start real "supervision" I have three weeks of classroom training to endure. Even worse, they just yanked us out of our usual schedule and we have to sit through the training during the evening (5 hours a night, 5 days a week). So, at the time I got home tonight, I'm usually just getting warmed up loading trucks full of boxes. The result is: I can't sleep because even though this is my usual bedtime, I haven't spent the last 5 hours in intensive physical labor so I'm not that tired.

I'm glad I got a promotion (along with a significant raise). But I hate not being able to sleep.

No comments:

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."