boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

10/13/05

into the 21st century...

Last spring, I started this blog. But, I knew a change was in the air a couple of months ago when we got a cell phone. Now that we've got DSL internet, there's no doubt about it. Suzanne and I are finally introducing ourselves to the technological capabilities that the rest of the country is already bored with. True, we only have one cell phone between us, instead of one each. Sure, we don't have cable t.v., so we have to catch "Curb Your Enthusiasm" on DVD from Blockbuster. And, we're not yet a wireless household (though that's coming soon I hope). But, it sure is nice to be able to visit espn.com and not have to go make a cup of coffee while it's loading.

I've not been very faithful with posting lately. My laptop has been in the shop for the past month getting the dvd/cd-rom replaced. A word of friendly advice to you: never, never, ever, ever buy your computer from Best Buy. If you don't know what's what, then you end up with a piece of junk like I got that has to be serviced every four or five months. And, even if you protect yourself by buying the extended warranty, you have to deal with the horribly, terrible service that Best Buy offers. To sum up--Best Buy is bad. But I degress... My point was I plan to be more active on the blogging front. So, stay tuned.

No comments:

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."