boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

11/13/05

new look...

If you've visited my blog before, you'll notice some rather drastic changes to the look. I don't know if I'm satisfied yet, but it's fun playing around. Actually, I'm rather proud of myself. When I started using Firefox as my main browser a few weeks ago, I noticed that the template was displayed improperly. My friend Steve told me that he thought there was something funky with my CSS code. I didn't know what that meant at the time, but I've been messing with it ever since. Finally, I figured out earlier tonight what I needed to do. Once the ball was rolling, however, Newton's law took effect and I just kept going (obviously). So, I might keep fiddling with it, but at least if the site looks stupid we'll all know it's my fault and not just some mysterious technical glich.

3 comments:

nickg said...

ok, ok, ok,...if you're using IE, it's obvious that the changes didn't come out right. I just don't understand; I'm not really a computer person. If you are a fellow blogger, have you had similar problems with your templates looking different in Firefox, Explorer, or other browsers? I guess the pride I had in my technical abilities was a bit misplaced. I should have known as much--"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." (Proverbs 16:18)

nickg said...

o.k.--I think I fixed one of the main problems. Apparently, Explorer doesn't like it when I spell the color gray with an "e" but Fx doesn't mind. Now, if I could just figure out the sidebar...

nickg said...

Whew! I think I've got it as good as I can get it for now. At least, it looks the same in Fx and IE. I better go to bed before I spend all night with this stupid stuff.

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."