boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

2/17/06

uninteresting and unimportant update...

I'm working at the Bread Co. today, and the chair I'm sitting in is exceedingly comfortable. The seat part is padded, and the back has a little give to it, so I can rock back and forth a bit. How nice!

When I was in college, I took a history of philosophy class. I remember the prof. explaining Plato's principle of universal forms this way: there are many different kinds of chairs in the world--different shapes, sizes, made of different materials, different colors, and different levels of comfort. But, all actual chairs in the world are only reflections of "the Chair" which exists in the realm of ideas, which is the exemplar for all, which is perfect--it's the "universal form" of "chair-ness". (Well, it went something like that.)

Anyway, this chair must be pretty dang close to that one.

No comments:

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."