boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

6/26/06

two questions...

I was asked two good questions over the weekend. The first was by my wife:

"Nick, will you pull the band-aids off my butt?"

One of the benefits of being married, is that there is the potential to be asked such a question. I was going to put it in context for you, but I think I'll just leave it shrouded in mystery.

The second question was:

"Ick, what are you doing?"

No, this question was not asked shortly following the first. On Sunday at church we sat beside our good friend Erika and her one-and-a-half year old foster-son, who is probably Suzanne's and my favorite person in the world next to one another. Anyway, our pastor had just called the congregation to a time of silent confession of sin, and I was standing in the standard head-bowed-eyes-closed position, when the little guy asked the above question loud enough to reverberate throughout the sanctuary. (When he's sucking on his pacifier, he can't really pronounce the N in my name.)

1 comment:

W Sofield said...

Hilarious. Thanks.

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."