boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

3/28/07

backlog...

I had a backlog of stuff I've wanted to blog about. Unfortunately, the combination of a poor memory and an aversion to writing notes to myself means that most of that stuff is lost forever. (I wonder whether in the renewed earth we will remember all the good ideas we had that we forgot or that we couldn't act on because we were broken people living in a broken world and, if so, if we will get to pursue them there. That would be sweet.) One thing that I do remember is a fun exchange that Suzanne and I had a few weeks ago, capped off by a great quote by her.

There's not a lot of TV that we agree on (me: ESPN; she: HGTV), but one thing we do agree on is a good police procedural. Our favorite, of course, is CSI, but another one we like is NCIS. During a particularly grisly episode of the latter, upon learning that the murders were committed by BOTH the man who was suspected and his girlfriend, I asked rhetorically, "How do psychopathic serial-killers find each other."

My clever wife responded, "I don't know. E-harmony?"

One tip to anyone looking for a spouse: look for someone who--when you think you are being funny, or clever, or smart, or wise, or silly, or whatever--can turn the tables on you and be funnier, cleverer, smarter, wiser, sillier, or whateverer than you. Doing so has worked for me. (I can't speak for my poor wife!)

No comments:

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."