boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

5/7/07

Conan O'Brien commencement...

Lots of people are graduating this time of year, and I found some video appropriate to the season.

I recently came across some video of Conan O'Brien giving a commencement speech at a high school graduation last year. It is different than his Harvard commencement speech, but almost as good. The amazing thing about his commencement speeches is that, even though they are truly funny, they offer a message that is worth hearing and heeding. Truly, the advice in these speeches is better, and more practical, than what you'll get from 98% of commencement speeches. YouTube won't let me embed the video, so I'll just provide the links:

Here's part 1

and

Here's part 2


How cool would it be to have Conan O'Brien speak at your high school graduation? I think we had John Knicely at our commencement. He was the news anchor at the local NBC affiliate. The only thing I remember about his speech was that he told us that if we didn't remember anything else from his speech, we just needed to remember a certain number of points--it was like 4 or 5 or 7 or something, I don't remember--and I don't remember any of those points. Honestly, I don't even remember if he was our speaker or not. Any Antlers from the class of '96 out there?--set me straight.

No comments:

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."