boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

3/18/08

apples and oranges...

This post has nothing to do with apples. Nor will I be attempting to compare two unlike things or categories. But I will mention oranges later, and I had to give it some title. Here are some things on my mind lately:
  • I'm sick of precipitation in all forms.
  • I hate cars. We're looking at about $800 in repair/maintenance costs this week.
  • Earlier this evening, I spent about an hour crafting a response to a blog post I read. Then I decided not to post it. That happens more often than I care to admit.
  • For the past couple of months, I've been totally obsessed with Iron Chef America on the Food Network. Until I started watching that show, I would have said that the idea of watching a show of people cooking is ridiculous. In fact, I'd still say that. But I can't stop.
  • I haven't filled out my bracket for the NCAA tournament yet. I need to do that.
  • I'm not as excited for baseball to begin as I usually am. I suppose that's because my favorite team, the San Francisco Giants, and my adopted-hometown team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, are probably going to be battling for the worst record in the National League.
  • Finally, being an extraordinarily lazy person, I find oranges to be a hassle. You have to peel them, you usually get that white stuff lodged under your fingernails, and it's almost impossible to eat them without getting your fingers sticky. But, if you make the effort, and if you get a good one, there is almost nothing better than a really good orange.

2 comments:

Agkyra said...

Cars: check. Food Network: check. Bracket: check. Oranges: check. Writing and not posting: check.

Why are you writing about me on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Are you dropping me hints that I should stop packing oranges in your lunch?
-Suzanne

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."