boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

1/7/09

two prayers...

Recent events have led me to share the state of mind of Habakkuk the prophet, and thus appropriate his prayer:

O LORD, how long shall I cry for help, and you will not hear? Or cry to you 'Violence!' and you will not save?
Why do you make me see iniquity, and why do you idly look at wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise.
So the law is paralyzed, and justice never goes forth.
For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goes forth perverted. (Habakkuk 1:2-4, ESV)

It turned out that this was the state of mind and prayer of a man of little faith. And so it is. And so I also share the prayer of a father whose child was suffering:

"I believe; help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24, ESV)

1 comment:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."