boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

3/22/09

Fantasy baseball draft...

I'm live Twittering my fantasy baseball draft.

update -- here's my team:

C: Geovany Soto, Cubs
1B: Garrett Atkins, Rockies
2B: Dan Uggla, Marlins
3B: David Wright, Mets
SS: J.J. Hardy, Brewers
OF: Vladimir Guerrero, Angels
OF: Vernon Wells, Blue Jays
OF: Andre Ethier, Dodgers
Util: Pat Burrell, Rays
SP: Tim Lincecum, Giants
SP: Brandon Webb, Diamondbacks
SP: Adam Wainwright, Cardinals
SP: Chris Carpenter, Cardinals
SP: Randy Johnson, Giants
RP: Brian Wilson, Giants
RP: Jason Motte, Cardinals

Bench: Miguel Tejada, SS, Astros
Bench: Rick Ankeil, OF, Cardinals
Bench: Yadier Molina, C, Cardinals
Bench: Casey Kotchman, 1B, Braves
Bench: Coco Crisp, OF, Royals

I like my team, especially my pitching staff. I've got 4 starters that could conceivably win the NL Cy Young, if they stay healthy. My two relief pitchers should be good for 35 saves each (as long as LaRussa gives Motte the closer job as he should). I'm lacking in speed, meaning low stolen bases. That always happens to me. I may have to start Crisp just to get a couple stolen bases per week. Obviously, I'm heavy on Cardinals. But they were all legitimate picks, and since I watch so many of their games on t.v. or at the stadium, it's nice to have some players to have a special rooting interest in.

My outfielders will make or break my team. Guerrero is a fantasy stud, but he's always a health risk. One day in the next couple of seasons, Wells is going to get old overnight and stay old, and it's as likely to be this season as next. And, Ethier, well, he's a Dodger, and I hate to have to root for a Dodger. It would be great if Ankiel has his real breakout season (30 HR, 30 2B, 100 RBI, 20 SB, .285 AVG.) so that I can just put him in the starting lineup and trade one of the other guys.

Still two weeks until the season starts. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Craig said...

I have a hard time taking seriously an outfielder named Coco Crisp.

Pass the milk, eh?

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."