boon-dog-gle: (noun) work of little or no value done merely to keep or look busy.
free: (adjective) provided without, or not subject to, a charge or payment.

3/9/09

maybe I should stick with Encyclopedia Britannica...

While editing a dissertation for my "other job," I decided to look up the word "fall" (as in, the season) to be reminded whether it needed to be capitalized or not. The first page that google suggested I try was the wikipedia entry for "autumn." That's where I found the following gem, with the portion of interest circled...



Apparently, Summergirl09 isn't a big fan of her classmate, as attested by the edit history for the entry.



I haven't looked up "summer" yet.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Now that's funny (and typical for Wikipedia).

I see you went over to the Twitter Dark Side.

nickg said...

My name is Nick. And I'm a Twitterholic.

G.K. Chesterton...

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."